Are You Or Somebody You Know Homeless?
The 2-1-1 Homeless Helpline is the gateway to homeless services in Broward County, the first step in finding shelter, support services, or programs that help an individual or family who are homeless or on the verge of being homeless.
- Dial 211 from a landline phone
- Download Homeless Service Guide
What the new hotline can help you with
- Empathetic and non-judgmental listening and emotional support
- Assessment of needs and homeless situation
- Information and referral to support programs, such as feeding sites and showering facilities
- Screening and preliminary client intake for shelter placement
- Connect homeless individuals with Homeless Outreach Teams
- Prioritize critical needs and provide ongoing support and referrals to families on shelter waiting list
- Connect homeless families with shelter beds as they become available
- Provide specialized information and referrals to other services such as legal, intervention, financial assistance, basic needs and medical care